Total Pageviews

Tuesday 3 February 2015

In Me


It is not the words that are heard
the actions that have been witnessed
the riots that will define us

It will not be the thoughts that are engraved
the history that was missed
the words that we all ought to have heard at some point

It will not be the people who lie to us
the people who wish to see us fall
the people who have failure in them like it's air

It will not be the doings of what today is
It will be the actions of what happened in the past
Africa is the mother of it all
and with every syllable and thought we know for sure

My thoughts will squander in search
My mind will erupt around ignorant people
people who do not think the past matters
My mentality will bring them to shame
My words will cut through them
My ideas will pierce they small brains
ignorance will not surface
recognition will matter

Africa spoke and some of us listened
the beauty of it all
the sadness it bought to us
the torture we endured

We grew up and we learned
we grew up and we saw what lies do to us
what fake people bring to us

It is in me where Africa is
it is in me where these lands grow in population
it is in me where we still allow to be dragged

Listen to the grounds because they speak
every heartbeat we produce is real
every thought we have should be well constructed
The lies will always be here
fakeness will always exist
what we do with it will change our thoughts
how we act should be different

Africa rises in me
Africa beats these walls in me
Africa erupts in my mind
not because I am young
but because some will still debate
some will question my knowledge because I am young
they will ask "what do I know"?
the very same people who preach emptiness
who lead our minds to nowhere

I listen
I absorb
I learn
I apply

Africa in me has taught me that
Africa in me has showed me that
age does not matter
knowledge does

"I am not African because I was born in Africa but because Africa was born in me"


No comments:

Post a Comment