Total Pageviews

Thursday 8 January 2015

It does


My heart still beats the same.

After all this time
After all these years
After all the heartaches
After all the tears
After all the stresses,
My heart still beats the same.

The thought itself is overwhelming
The smile is not fake
With the days passing by,
The feeling is still strong.
I catch myself looking at you smile,
And sit there thinking to myself,
Oh yah, there goes my baby.

I say this to myself all the time,
Loving you is easy,
Staying in love with you is hard,
But you make it seem like a breeze.
After all this time,
My heart still beats the same.

We grow with the times,
That might affect the relation,
We grow with pressure to stay relevant,
With you it all seem very easy at heart,
With you the light at the end of the tunnel is brighter.

All the laughter,
All the sadness,
All the shifting in thoughts,
I’m still glad I’m doing it with you,
Because at the end of the day,
My heart still beats the same.

I don’t question what happens,
I don’t question what’s not in sight,
I don’t question what could have been,
Because right now I’m content,
Because right now my thoughts are sane.
Do I wish to stop writing?
NO,
Because that would mean I stop thinking,
That would mean your existence in my heart is no more.

After all this time I still know this is what I want,
After all this time I still know,
With you is where I want to be.
No one ever said it would be easy,
No one ever said it would just be fun,
No one ever said things would stay the same,
No one ever said we would be here right now,
Yet again, no one ever knew,

No one knew that till today I would still be looking at you,
They never knew that,
My heart would still beat the same…

 

 

1 comment: