Total Pageviews

Thursday 28 June 2018

Africa my beginning, Africa my ending

With the depth of your riches
The height of your beauty
In the distance of your grounds.
Mountains shower us with shade
While your curves in rivers shape

The core of the earth shakes to your dancers
Burning love that speaks humanity
Everybody feels

You are not kind at times
You are not
My brothers and sisters seeking refuge
With heavy hearts and minds
If words could describe, the hurt will suppress
If minds could combine
The beginning would be the ending

Digging and digging is all they do
But digging is what makes you
They do not know, you grow
High in the skies your shape threatens
Just your name carries so much weight

From Cape we see you Cairo
Your beautiful colours in different nations
All 54 faces in one
My beginning and my ending
You are not pure nor are you perfect
But in the hearts of many you are the reason

It is just the feeling that divides
Your borders that resides
Cross between, beneath and within
Pounding endless traditions
That beauty cannot be ignored

Do not hurt me, do not hurt me
Do not push me away
Do not
What are we without?
What we can be internally
Africa my beginning, Africa my ending for eternity

This is you and trust they are watching
The world speaks while we separate
Don't let it be
Second part as you are large in this world
But your worth weakens

The beauty that you are
The crafts that you define
The length that you run
Can you rotate, let them admire you
They will not brake you

My pen bleeds while my mind seeks
Every page of your existence in history is rigid.

Africa my beginning, Africa my ending

No comments:

Post a Comment