Total Pageviews

Monday 9 May 2016

She...

 
She lay there still

She lay there still as my words travelled around her
She had no idea my words were trying to penetrate
As letters fell on her gentle skin
Just to formulate what reality symbolized in just words
She couldn’t see me even when I stood tall over her

The echo of her heartbeat ran around the room
She was still and yet I wished she could move
Move to the symphony of my words
Every one of them was created just for her
She needed to witness all of that

Those deep almost dead feelings that had me shaking
She lay there still and I continued to think around her
About her and for me
I longed for just hand gestures for proof of life
And I knew it was there

It was dark and her soul could brighten up the room
Her calmness that would melt icebergs
She lay there still while I tried to answer the unknown

My words were all I had
Swords that hurt
Spears that pierce through hearts

I just stood there and gazed
Flashbacks of when she was in motion
As she lay there still
I wonder the process of seeing different
The reality of that beating heart
The darkness that overwhelmed me
She lay there still

Does she rotate, roll or slide?
In my eyes no motion was required
All that happened through me
My thoughts and actions
My mind and heart
My hands and feet
My soul and my spirit
Will not matter without her being still

Pump, pump, pump
Pump that heart with emotions till it overflows
Emotions that run from the mind
Let it simmer in time as it matures like wine
Just to enjoy the sanity that reflects on her
She lay there still
And I still stood over her.


2 comments: